A group of generous donors just offered to match, dollar-for-dollar, every gift we receive, up to $50,000!
This is a terrific opportunity to make sure the League has the resources we need ahead of the 2016 election. But to take advantage of this special opportunity to make your gift go TWICE as far, we must receive your tax-deductible gift by December 31st.
Will you take a moment right now to double the impact of your generosity?
This matching gift will help us continue to lead the fight against outrageous new assaults on voting rights in 2016:
- Cutbacks in early voting and restrictive voter ID laws that disproportionately affect the elderly, low-income communities, communities of color, and young voters.
- Gerrymandered legislative districts that allow elected officials to pick their voters instead of the other way around.
- An unprecedented attempt by billionaires and special interests to drown out the voice of voters by pouring billions into unaccountable Super PACs.
We also know that democracy’s best defense is participation in our elections—which is why we’ll be working so hard in 2016 doing what the League does better than anyone:
- Registering hundreds of thousands of new voters, especially young voters in communities of color and low-income areas through our Be Counted – Youth Vote 2016 campaign.
- Helping voters overcome obstacles imposed in states across the country after the U.S. Supreme Court decision that gutted key provisions of the Voting Rights Act.
- Arming voters with everything they need to know before they head to the polls through VOTE411.org.
We have never had greater need of the steadfast commitment of grassroots supporters like you.
Please rush your most generous contribution to the League of Women Voters Education Fund right now.
And remember, every dollar you send will be doubled with the matching funds and go TWICE as far.
Please, act today … and thank you for Making Democracy Work®!
P.S. With the dollar-for-dollar match, your gift will go twice as far. Please be as generous as possible. Thank you again!
League of Women Voters.
1730 M Street NW, Suite 1000
Washington, DC 20036-4508